Tuesday 5 July 2022

Day 14 (Up) 5th July 2022

 I slept like an absolute log. Solid through the night and on the comfiest of sofas. The hospitality of friends cannot be beaten. After breakfast on a gloriously sunny Wiltshire day, I packed said farewell and headed off into the 13 of 15 National Parks on my hitlist for this trip, The New Forest. 

I then routed through Dorset and "accidentally" took a wrong turn and ended up in the Winterbourne Valley where I first lived and went to school and chapel. 

Headed for Dorchester, Charmouth and notched up the 3500 mile mark 

and onward to Exeter and the A30. The countryside became more and more familiar and there went the "Nearly Home Trees". Down to St Austell to take a different route home than I made out of the county through Grey cloud and overcast conditions into once more sushine and blue sky approaching Helston. Down the Lizard, to the Lizard Village and parked up. By the time I got to the actual point it was a stunning day and I got the requisite photo at the plaque. 

Back to Helston, Marazion and then off to St Ives, as I love the coastal drive from St Ives, via Zennor to St Just. 

I had estimated arriving at Lands End at 1615 and made it there just before. I met up with John and Mark from the Blood Bikes and once again we were allowed to make use of the signpost and the official photographer took the shots. 

Once again the weather played ball for the shots, we chatted and passed some time and then headed off, myself in tandem with Mark on his Marvellous machine. 

It's over, done and completed. My hands ache from holding the grips and my forearms are mottled from the Midge Army. I can still hear the sound of the engine and the young lady's voice saying "At the roundabout take the third exit for goodness knows where...". 



There is one blog left to go, just as in the movies, we need the credits. And maybe there will even be  apost credits scene.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

3000 MIles to Heamoor, Coda: Those that made it happen

A Tour like that, doesn't just happen and is not just reliant on the planning in advance along the way, there are dozens of people and o...