Monday 4 July 2022

Day 13 (Born on the) 4th July

 Slept like a log at the Deepdale Bunk house and managed to leave dead on time at 8am. This really was a straight run, through Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, the M25 (not that bad) and into Sussex to catch up with some friends who happened to also be out of Cornwall, for lunch.  

I crossed from Petworth to Petersfield across the South Downs and into Wiltshire/Hampshire. The GPS took me through some lovely little villages and towns and I actually ended up at Figsbury Ring, an iron age hill fort near to my friends house where I was staying for the night. 

Not a lot else to say aboput today, It was very very warm and sunny, Ripley was handling beautifully and I reckon the best of the countryside I saw today was Wiltshire/Hampshire. 



Tomorrow is the final day, out at 8am, through the New Forest, Dorset to Exeter and then the A30 North of Dartmoor, a run down to Lizard Point and back to Lands End, where it all began, 14 days ago.   

Here's a Donkey I met. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

3000 MIles to Heamoor, Coda: Those that made it happen

A Tour like that, doesn't just happen and is not just reliant on the planning in advance along the way, there are dozens of people and o...