Sunday 3 July 2022

Day 12 (Angry Men) Sun 3rd July

 I had camped on a bit of a steep slope but it didn't stop me sleeping well and after getting up and striking camp, I heard a hideous rasping cry of some kind of animal, probably a pterydactyl and on looking up I could see a heron chasing off some kind of bird of prey. 

I set the route planner and headed off, through Sheffield (quiet Sunday Morning) and down the A1M. It was long and boring... well it would have been if I hadn't spotted about 8 Rolls Royces of differing ages, a Bentley, ford cortina and a few classic cars thrown in for good measure. I pulled over just after checking off the 3000 mile mark at around Bury St Edmonds and on setting the map running again, noticed that Lowestoft looked awfully "South". I then realised that having planned on Lowestoft, mapped the route to Lowestoft and aimed for Lowestoft, I had actually typed "Felixstowe" into the planner. Turns out it added about 25 miles onto the route which wasn't so bad. 

I headed slightly northwards (now) and made it to Lowestoft, expecting a seafront and pronm, maybe a pier  near the Easterly marker. What I got was an industrial estate (deserted on a sunday) and a whole lot of roads barred. I did find the Most easterly point marker and had a lovely chat with an old boy who comes out here 6 or 7 times a year as his Dad always used to bring him ....On Up the coast and then through the Norfolk Broads (Gonna have to come back) to Cromer and the Regal Multiplex was a doddle to find and a warm welcome and chat with Michael the manager. The requisite Maverick Ticket and photograph out the front

 and then on to my bunk house near Hunstanton. Past lowlands, cornfields and the broads themselves.  

Not many photos today as it was mainly motorway driving, may be a similar situation tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

3000 MIles to Heamoor, Coda: Those that made it happen

A Tour like that, doesn't just happen and is not just reliant on the planning in advance along the way, there are dozens of people and o...